How To Grill The Perfect Steak (Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay for Food Network Magazine)
4 1 1/4 -to-1 1/2-inch-thick boneless rib-eye or New York strip steaks (about 12 ounces each) or filets mignons (8 to 10 ounces each), trimmed
2 tablespoons canola or extra-virgin olive oil
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
About 20 minutes before grilling, remove the steaks from the refrigerator and let sit, covered, at room temperature.
Heat your grill to high. Brush the steaks on both sides with oil and season liberally with salt and pepper. Place the steaks on the grill and cook until golden brown and slightly charred, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn the steaks over and continue to grill 3 to 5 minutes for medium-rare (an internal temperature of 135 degrees F), 5 to 7 minutes for medium (140 degrees F) or 8 to 10 minutes for medium-well (150 degrees F).
Transfer the steaks to a cutting board or platter, tent loosely with foil and let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
Before you can cook that perfect steak you have to have a clean grill, so let’s clean that Grill with a Stainless Steel BBQ Grill Brush from “Alpha Grillers”
– 18 inches long
– Stainless steel bristles
– Heavy duty
– Safe for all grill types
– Bonus ebook included
The Secret to Cleaning Your Grill Quickly, Easily and Cheaply!
Looking for a New Grill Brush But Want to Avoid These Common Problems?
– Flimsy shaft bends under pressure..
– Bristles quickly flatten down and gum up with grease..
– Leaves scratch mark on your delicate porcelain coated grates..
– Burn hands when cleaning because the handle’s too short..
– Can’t clean between the rods and along the sides..
All these issues can be avoided!
Introducing the Alpha Grillers BBQ Grill Brush
The Best Grill Brush on The Market:
– Strong plastic reinforced twisted wire shaft that will not bend under pressure
– Stiff stainless steel bristles than won’t flatten – much stiffer than brass
– Safe for use with porcelain coated grills grates. Won’t scratch your Weber grill
– Long handle (18″): perfect length to keep your hand away from the heat without losing pressure and control
– Innovative spiral bristle design allows you to easily clean edges, corners and deep between the grates
So what’s so good about the spiral design?
The bristles in most brushes point in the same direction. This means they can only be held horizontally.
With the Alpha Grillers brush, bristles point in all directions so you can hold it at any angle and easily clean
all parts of the grate.
This brush makes my husband very happy. Before we received this brush to review, he was using a brush that just was not doing the job. He said this brush gets down between the grates and rack really well with ease. He is an avid griller, so he would not have given this review if he had not meant it. The brush is heavy duty and has really help up.